Friday, August 28, 2015

weekend fun: return to the north


everything is so photogenic up here!

A few months ago, one of my oldest friends and I decided that we wanted to do a couple's trip up north this summer before C and I move. We decided to spend four days and three nights up north at a cabin and spend time exploring the area, taking advantage of the trails and lakes near the cabin. I was looking forward to it for months and the trip itself absolutely didn't disappoint! We stayed in the same area that C and I stayed in last year with his family, so it was pretty fun to show our fellow travelers the area since they had never come this far north before.

The first day was spent mostly making our way up to the cabin itself, but we stopped at a historic mansion for a tour at the halfway point. The weather was gorgeous, though it was a bit hot in the sun. We arrived too early for a tour, so we spent some time right by the lake enjoying the sunshine and the wind coming off the lake. The views were absolutely gorgeous! Eventually we made our way through the tour (which was absolutely stunning) and kept going on our way to the cabin!




The second day was spent hiking up what we folk consider a mountain, though people who live in actual mountainous places would probably scoff at what we call a mountain! We then spent the day in the local town, hopping around the rocky bay, and eating a lot of great food.
 
Our last full day was spent hiking around a chain of waterfalls and canoeing around a huge lake - well, to be honest C did most of the paddling since he was the one who grew up coming up north his whole life...and the person who has better upper body strength than me. I tried to be as helpful as I could be, but I think I ended up splashing him more than helping. Well, on the plus side we saw a lot of loons! And we didn't tip over into the lake. This was the first time I've been canoeing since I was in middle school and I absolutely loved it!


a nice candid moment caught by my friend


It was such an amazing trip overall and I'm so glad that I had the chance to spend quality time with some of my favorite people!



No comments:

Post a Comment

.wp-caption { background: transparent; }.image-attachment .entry-content .entry-attachment { background: transparent; }